(back of legs)
Wide Standing Hip Hinge Stretch
Targeted Area: Back of the legs, calves as well as the inner thigh due to the wide stance
Set-up: Straps fully extended
- Start Facing inwards with a wide foot stance. Hold the handles and straighten your arms out in front of you.
- Bend over by hinging at the hips and reaching with the arms in front of you, while keeping your back in a flat position.
- Hold for roughly 30 seconds, and return to starting position.
Notes: Remember to breath! Take continues deep breaths during the stretch.
Back and Hamstring Stretch
Targeted Area: Hamstrings and Back
Movement: Straps fully extended
- Face toward the straps, holding the handles.
- Lean back by pushing your hips back behind you, and extending your arms. Keep a slight bend in the knees.
- Hold for roughly 30 seconds.
Notes: fully extend your arms and “squeeze your ears” to obtain a good strength of the large back muscles.
Below is a video of two versions of a hamstring stretch that you don’t need a suspension trainer for.